What can you do to keep the roads safe by limiting distractions?
1) Use your phone’s built-in tools: Set your phone to Do Not Disturb, and avoid phone calls even if they are hands free. Preset your navigation and any preferences.
2) Don’t cut corners: Avoid texting or using your phone in stop-and-go traffic or at lights.
3) If it’s an emergency, pull over: No call is worth jeopardizing the safety of you and your passengers.
4) Recruit a navigator: If you’re driving with a passenger, enlist them to perform navigation and other tasks like climate control and audio selection.
5) Hands on the wheel: Resist personal grooming, eating and drinking while driving.
6) Leave pets at home: If you must travel with your pet, don’t let them roam freely in the car.